Wednesday 12 February 2014

Sunday Fun Day!


Hello everyone,

Happy hump day! Apparently because Wednesday is the "hump" of the week (half way until the weekend) we should congratulate everyone for making it this far! So as it's only two days away this afternoon I thought I'd let you know what I got up to with my weekend!

I had a very relaxed weekend, didn't have much planned at all. Other than picking up my very first pair of glasses! I spent my morning baking my favourite muffin of all time, the lemon and poppyseed muffin! They were so scrumptious, my fiance has even been eating them for breakfast on his way to work! I am even eating one as I blog! 

It was my first attempt at making these muffins and I couldn't believe how easy they were to bake! I did tweak the instructions slightly and next time I'd like to add lemon curd into the centre to make them that extra yummy!

Ingredients -
  • 320g plain flour
  • 2 tbsps poppy seeds
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 tsps baking powder
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 125g unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 45ml lemon juice
  • 210ml plain yoghurt (I changed plain yogurt for low fat lemon yoghurt)
  • Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
  • 100g apple, grated
  • 100g pear, seeded and diced
For the glaze -
  • 125g icing sugar
  • 1½ tbsps lemon juice
  • 3 tbsps hot water






































Method

Step 1:Preheat oven to 190ºC (Gas Mark 5). Combine all dry ingredients. Beat together wet ingredients, combine the two and fold in fruit.
Step 2: Spoon into a greased muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Step 3: Mix all glaze ingredients together. Add more water if you like a thinner glaze. For a thick white glaze, add just enough water for the glaze to have a rich consistency to dip the muffins into.
Step 4: Plunge the head of each muffin into the mixture and allow excess to drip back into the bowl. Place muffins on a rack to let glaze set.




Here they are all ready to pop into the oven and here I am in my new specs!

It was so hard to resist nibbling one before icing them!


It was worth the wait once iced they tasted incredible!



I hope you've all had a good week so far! Let me know if you try this recipe out or have any other tips or ideas!  

Happy baking!

Love Chailey

xxx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home