Saturday 3 January 2015

A Novel Idea for a Gift!

Since only writting six entries last year I am sure you can tell 2014 was a very busy year for Sam and I. There are lots to catch up on from our jammed pack crazy year. Instead of spending ages catching up with the years shenanigans I have decided to make it more interesting for you guys. Every week I will do a Throwback Thursday post about all our favourite highlights of 2014. That way you will still get to know what we are both up to whilst living in Sydney (I'll get to that bit soon enough) and also you will have an insight to our lives in 2014. 

Since being away I have found myself reading so often. It's a way of escaping from the world into your own little bubble. Whilst in Asia sadly my Kindle died. A long and slow death, every day I turned it on the screen would die a little more until it was no longer readable. I had to revert to using my kindle app on my iPad which I didn't enjoy. The glare of the iPad screen was such a strain on my eyes compared to the Kindles paper like screen. It was surprising how quickly I fell out of reading so much because of my changed reading conditions. I was sad, I missed reading all the time but the iPad just wasn't the same.

Luckily for me I had been a good girl this year! Sam bought me a shiny new Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas as he knew how much I missed reading. The Kindle Paperwhite was a lovely new upgrade from my last Kindle 5 with new features such as a touch screen and longer battery life. My mum also sent me over book called Shadows of the Workhouse, the sequel to Call the Midwife and a hand made bookmark for Christmas. My Mum didn't realise it was the second book in a sequel but it didn't matter as I could buy the first on my Kindle. I'm looking forward to reading a real book again after finishing Call the midwife. It's been so long since I read a paperback book as the Kindle is so handy whilst travelling. All in all I had a very literary Christmas. 


Continuing reading into the new year, I found online I could set myself a reading challenge through www.goodreads.com. You can set yourself a number of books to read, so the challenge can be as big or small as you'd like. Very handy if your New Years resolution was to read more! I choose to read 20 books in the year averaging on one and a half books a month. I didn't follow the "new year, new me" cliché this year as I'm extremely happy with where I am in life right now. I didn't just want to ignore the New Year rolling in so thought this was best suited to me as it was already something I loved doing.

I hope you all have a wonderful happy and healthy new year! I'll be back Thursdsy for my first throwback!

Love Chailey xxx





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home