Thursday 15 January 2015

My hen weekend!

Much to my saddeness I couldn't be with my best friend Gemma to celebrate her hen weekend this weekend! Being the other side of the world can sometimes prove difficult! I thought seeing as I couldn't make it to Gemma's hen night I'd take the opportunity to reminisce about my own hen; reliving the weekends antics and one of my favourite highlights of 2014.

My nan made me this veil, with her original headdress she wore at her own wedding!

I had two extremely organised bridesmaids, Gemma and Tasha, to hand who done a phenomenal job of planning the whole weekend down to a tee. They did me proud! 



The weekend started on Friday evening when close friends and family all came to one of my favourite restaurants in Bury St Edmunds called Zen Noodle. The bridesmaids did such a beautiful job of dressing the tables and I even had hen night cup cakes! The food was devine, as always. It was so nice and relaxed catching up with everyone and chatting about the big day. Which was only three weeks away by that point! 





On Saturday morning fourteen of us ladies headed to Cambridge. Firstly we all met in the hotel room and everyone was given goodie bags handcrafted by the bridesmaids. They were filled with such thoughtful gifts including a hangover kit and personalised hen weekend sashes! I was given a goodie bag and a tshirt, printed on the front was a photo of Sam and I.

At midday the girls had arranged for all of us to do something which Cambridge is most famous for, punting! We all had brought a picnic with us and some bubbles. It was such a relaxing enjoyable afternoon chatting amoungst the girls and snacking on our scrumptious picnic! A quiz had been organised for me in which I had to answer the questions correctly the same as Sam had done! I have to admit I was pretty poor at this one, when it comes to remembering things! Opps! It was all good fun though and I loved hearing Sams thoughtful answers! 


After punting we had an hours dance class booked for us all. The dance theme was after my all time favourite film Grease! We wiggled and giggled for an hour straight and finally locked down the dance routine just in time for the grand finale! The dance instructor asked if I had met Johnny Depp, as she though the picture on my top was of him! She didn't realise it was Sam! BIG compliment there Sam! On the walk back to the hotel we stopped for a drink at a lovely pub over looking the river. 



The bridesmaids bought me a lovely big bottle of bubbly to have whilst we all got ready, the music was playing and all was swell. After we all got ready we headed out to Lola Lo's; a Hawaiian themed nightclub for a cocktail master class. This was one of my favourite parts of the weekend, where we picked a cocktail from the menu and then got to go behind the bar and recreate it! I picked "good time girl" it was that good I can't remember what was in it! I'm guess you're getting the idea as to where this night leads? After a few more "good time girls" Miss Chailey B found herself unable to, shall we say, stand anymore?! Yep you got it, I was in bed by midnight. Just as the night began! Opps! 

Me and my good time girl, who I named Lola!



With some recollection of eating cold pizza in the middle of the night and a bunch of girls shouting at Tash, I woke up with a sore head the next morning. Hey what are hen nights for? Although I did vow this would never happen again! 

Sunday was all a complete surprise for me. Blindfolded and scooped up into a taxi we headed off to the last destination of the weekend! My favourite place of all time....Harriet's Tea Rooms! Yum!

All my beautiful hens were surrounding me, I felt a wave of emotion wash over me. All these ladies were here just for me? I was so touched. Furthermore my wonderful hens all had one more surprise instore for me! I was given a homemade scrap book made by the very talented chief bridesmaid Tasha. Inside reviled a letter from each hen oozing with happy memories and well wishes! There were photos on each page of me and the well wisher which instantly brought me to tears. I couldn't even read any of the letters I was so emotional. Finally the last letter that surprised me most of all was from Samuel. Wow oh wow! If I wasn't a mess before, I sure was then! I saved all the letters for an evening where I had millions of tissues surrounding me! I knew I was going to need them. After I dried my eyes, plates and plates of finger sandwiches, scones as big as your fists and the most prettiest cakes were laid out in front of us. We all happily demolished the lot and after many hugs and kisses I thanked every hen individually for taking the time to spend their weekend with me. 



I am so greatful to have such true friends, I wouldn't have picked to spend it with any other people in the world! The bridesmaids drove me home to my mums where we all had a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake reminiscing the weekends events! I was even lucky enough to have a cuddle with my darling Trixie Belle, what a perfect end to the weekend. 

All in all I had the best hen weekend ever! One weekend I'll never forget, thanks again everyone who came! You made my year I love you lots! 

Have a good week, love Chailey! xxx


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home