Friday 24 April 2015

Nostalgic Nora

Wow, I cannot believe it has been six months since I last blogged. That time has completely flown past. Sam and I easily slipped into our daily routine of eat, sleep, work, repeat. We have saved super hard to top up our funds for our next adventure. We have been living in a beautiful suburb called Eskineville 20 minutes from the heart of the city. I bagged myself a job in fab cafe called Knuckles Sandwich Bar. I completely landed on my feet with such great colleagues and frequent samples of all the house baked treats! Sam is working super hard driving round the city of Sydney, working for a removal company called Designer Transport. With regular Friday night drinks with the boys after work, he's been more than happy there. 

In seven days we move out of our little home, quit our jobs and pack our bags ready for our next big adventure! We're off to Cairns, the gateway to Australia's Great Barrier Reef. It will be a dream come true for the both of us to finally swim the reef. To top it off we've booked to dive on my 23rd birthday, how exciting and memorable. We have booked lots of crazy once in a life time activities, which I will document along the way. So hold tight! 

The past 6 months we have fallen in love with Sydney, we have built our own little life here. In between working we have managed to explored lots. To name a few our days out; we have visited markets, eaten lots of brunch, seen Ben Howard and Enter Shikari live, went to a tattoo convention, went to the cinema, imersed ourselves in serveral city festivals and gone on many lovely coastal walks. We have even played host to Sam's mum when she came to visit at the beginning of August, revisiting some of our favourite places and showing her the sights.

Here are some snaps from the past jam packed six months. 

Wendy's secret garden, Sam took me to this hidden garden and packed us a picnic! So romantic!

Samuel's birthday caaaaaake! Not homemade unfortunately, but still super scrummy (so Sam tells me).

My boy on the bars at Bondi.

Sam at the Aroma Festival, he LOVES his coffee!

I skipped the coffee and had a Chai. The harbour bridge in the background.
 
Sydneys breath taking sunset.

Sam, Sharon and I at darling harbour.

BEN HOWARD! A dream come true, I've always wanted to see him live.

The opera house all lit up during the vivid light festival, it was so refreshing seeing the sails all lit up. 

One of our many trips to the local cinema called Dendy.

Sam the man in his van!

The pair of us sitting on Mrs Macquarie's Chair on Straya Daaaay.

Soaking up the sun at Coogee beach, one of our favourites! The waves were crazy that day.

Me at work with my lovely team. Denisa, Diana, Me & Damo. 

Feeding a wallaby at Featherdale Wildlife park. This fella was such a poser.

Feeling super nostalgic after writing this post. We still need to get a photo of Sam and I outside the opera house and our apartment. It's on the to do list before we flyyyyyyyy.

Love Chailey x


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home